As a precautionary measure, Fresh Food Concepts, Inc. announced, it is voluntarily recalling certain production codes of Delicioso, De la Casa, Rojo’s and Fresh Food Concepts brand Spinach Dips and Fresh Food Concepts Spinach Dip with Yogurt because an ingredient used in those products has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella is a common food borne pathogen that can cause severe illnesses, including fever, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. While most individuals recover in three to five days without medical intervention, the infection can be life-threatening to young children, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. Consumers with any of these symptoms should call their physician. For more information on Salmonella, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Website at https://www.cdc.gov.1
Products subject to this recall that were distributed nationwide in plastic tubs and sold in the refrigerated section include:
* Delicioso Spinach Dip, 12 oz (UPC 29358 10031) with USE BY dates 04/30/10 and before.
* De la Casa Spinach Dip, 32 oz (UPC 29358 11273) with USE BY dates 04/30/10 and before.
* Rojo’s Garden Fresh Spinach Dip, 14 oz (UPC 47502 48003) with USE BY dates 04/30/10 and before.
* Fresh Food Concepts Garden Fresh Spinach Dip, 16 oz (UPC 29358 11364) with USE BY dates 04/30/10 and before.
* Fresh Food Concepts Spinach Dip with Real Yogurt, 12 oz (UPC 47502 48151) with USE BY dates 04/30/10 and before.
There have been no reports of illnesses associated with the identified products, and no other varieties or types of flavors of products made by Fresh Food Concepts are affected by this recall.
The Spinach Dip products were made using Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP), manufactured by Basic Food Flavors Inc., Las Vegas, Nevada. The HVP had tested positive for Salmonella at its original manufacturing plant Basic Food Flavors Inc. Because the safety of our consumers is our top priority and out of an abundance of caution, Fresh Food Concepts has voluntarily recalled these products.
Fresh Food Concepts is working closely with the FDA to conduct this recall.
Consumers who have purchased the above affected products are urged return them to their place of purchase for a refund. Consumers with question may contact the company at (714) 562-5000 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST. Monday through Friday.