Atrium C-Qur mesh is used in hernia repair, chest wall reconstruction, and in repairing traumatic and surgical wounds. The big selling point for C-Qur mesh is its omega 3 gel coating, derived from fish oil. The company even claims that the coating is, “all natural.” That sounds like a good thing but it may actually be the underlying problem in cases where patients have suffered serious complications after having the mesh implanted.
Atrium C-Qur Mesh Injuries
Complications and injuries linked to Atrium C-Qur mesh include:
- Infection, including antibiotic-resistant infection
- Foreign body response – chronic inflammation and the eventual encapsulation of the mesh in scar tissue
- Allergic reaction to the fish oil
- Bowel adhesions and obstruction
- Organ perforation
- Fistulas – holes forming between organs or other body parts
- Mesh migration
- Mesh shrinkage
- Skin rash which goes away after mesh is removed
- Severe dental problems and tooth loss in patients who suffer chronic infection from the mesh
- Neurological problems
- Chronic pain
- Abnormal liver function
- Multiple revision surgeries required to remove all of the mesh
The symptoms of C-Qur mesh complications do not always appear immediately after surgery. Some of the injuries, such as foreign body response, can take months to progress to the point that they cause pain and other symptoms. There are numerous C-Qur mesh products. You do not need to know which one was used in your surgery to get help.
If you have been harmed by C-Qur surgical mesh, also referred to as C-Qur hernia mesh, you may be able to recover substantial compensation for your injuries, including payment for your medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. Please talk to an experienced defective medical device attorney right away to learn more about your rights and potential compensation.
Leave a Reply