FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — May 17, 2007 — Chenango Valley
Pet Foods previously recalled dry pet foods manufactured with a shipment of
rice protein concentrate supplied by Wilbur-Ellis that possibly contained melamine
contamination. Chenango Valley Pet Foods is now expanding the recall action
to include those pet foods that do not contain rice protein concentrate but
were manufactured during periods when rice protein concentrate formulas were
The recall of these products is precautionary due to the possibility of cross-contamination.
The following dry pet foods are involved in this recall action:
- DOCTORS FOSTER & SMITH LAMB & BROWN RICE FORMULA ADULT
DOG FOOD, NET WT. 6 LBS. (UPC 25141 28244), 15 LBS. (25141 30074), and
30 LBS. (UPC 25141 06043); Date Codes: Best By Feb 09 09 and Best By Feb
- SHOP RITE REDI-MIXT DOG FOOD FOR DOGS, NET WT. 25 LB. (UPC 41190
00555), Date Code: Code C7107;
- LICK YOUR CHOPS KITTEN & CAT FOOD, NET WEIGHT 4 LBS. (UPC
32976 25915), and 18 LBS. (UPC 32976 25925); Date Code: Best Used By
April 29 08;
- SHEP chunk style dog food, NET WT. 20 LBS. (UPC 41498 14142); Date Code:
Best By March 14 08;
- 8 in 1 Ferret ULTRA-BLEND ADVANCED NUTRITION DIET, NET WT. 20 LBS,
UPC 26851 00413, Code: C7072;
- Bulk Lamb & Brown Rice Formula Dog Food, Date Code: Feb 09, 08, sold
to one consignee SmartPak.
- Health Diet Cat Food Chicken & Rice Dinner NET WT. 1.81 kg/4 LB (UPC
01594), 4 kg/8.8 LB (UPC 78198 01599), and 8 kg/17.6 LB (UPC 78198 01585);
- EVOLVE KITTEN FORMULA, NET WT. 3 LBS. (UPC 73657 00250) and 7 LBS.
(UPC 73657 00251); Date Code: Best Used By Sept 13 08. Evolve has recovered
99.5% of the product from its distributors and is working with dealers
to recover the remaining inventory.
No illnesses or injuries related to these products have been reported to date.
Pet owners who have purchased the pet foods listed above should immediately discontinue using the products and return them to the place of purchase for full refund. Pet owners should consult with a veterinarian if they have any health concerns with their pet. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-610-821-0608.