Arctic Zero Inc. of Escondido, Ca. is voluntarily recalling to relabel pints and chocolate dipped bars which were produced before February of 2012, due to undeclared milk allergen. All products that were produced after February 2012 have the statement “Contains whey protein, which is a derivative of dairy”. Whey protein is considered a derivative of milk and must claim “milk” on the label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts products were sold in 8 varieties of 16 ounce pints as follows:
- Chocolate (UPC: 8-52244-00300-8)
- Vanilla Maple (UPC: 8-52244-00306-0)
- Mint Chocolate Cookie (UPC: 8-52244-00304-6)
- Cookies and Cream (UPC: 8-52244-00303-9)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter (UPC: 8-52244-00301-5)
- Coffee (UPC: 8-52244-00302-2)
- Strawberry (UPC: 8-52244-00305-3)
- Pumpkin Spice (UPC: 8-52244-00307-7)
Product codes and manufacture dates are located at the bottom of the pints.
The Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts products were also sold in 2 varieties of 4 pack chocolate dipped bars as follows:
- Strawberry and Orange Cream (UPC: 8-52244-00309-1)
- Chocolate and Vanilla (UPC: 8-52244-00308-4)
Product codes and manufacture dates are located on the right side of the front panel of the boxes.
The products were distributed nationwide and sold at retailers including: Whole Foods, Publix, Sprouts, Winn Dixie, Independent Natural and Grocery Stores.
No illness involving a packaged product has been reported to date.
Consumers who have purchased the products and have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Arctic Zero, Inc. at 619-342-1423 x21, Monday-Friday, 9 am – 4 pm. Pacific Time or via email at [email protected].