Since we obviously can’t trust the so-called “dog food” and “cat food” manufacturers to supply our pets with sustenance that doesn’t contain of ingredients that can kill them, we might just be forced to make our own. But don’t worry – it’s easier than you think!(click here for a list of dogfood recalls , and click here for a list of catfood recalls)
Basic Chicken, Rice, and Oats
– One whole boiled cooked chicken (don’t feed the dog the entire chicken. Just the meat.)
– Half Bag wild brown rice cooked in with the chicken
– One Cup of Oats
High Protein Catfood Meal
– Half Pound of minced boneless chicken breast or thigh
– Six Ounces of dark-mean ground turkey or minced turkey
– Half Pound of lean, minced beef
– Half Pound of minced beef, chicken or turkey heart
– Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
– Combine Half Cup dry milk and Half Cup wheat germ; drip one teaspoon of honey on top.
– Add one 3 1/3 oz. jar of strained liver baby food or homemade blended liver and stir until everything is well mixed.
– Form the mixture into balls; place them on an oiled cookie sheet and flatten them with a fork.
– Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
– Consistency of Liver Cookies should be fudgy.
– Store in a jar in the refridgerator, and these dog or cat treats will stay good for 3-5 days.
What You Need: One Pound Lean Ground Beef, Four large eggs, Eight cups brown rice, Twelve slices of decrusted, crumbled bread (white or wheat)
– Fully Cook the ground beef
– Drain the Grease from the pan
– Boil the eggs, discard the yellows, and crumble the whites into the beef mix
– Boil rice in unsalted water until tender. Let cool.
– Add rice to beef and egg mixture. Add crumbled white bread to mixture.
– Serve when cool
*Always serve at room temperature
What You Need: One pound of chicken breast, Four cups frozen diced carrots (defrosted), Four cups frozen diced green beans (defrosted), One table spoon of Vegetable oil
How to Make It:
– Saute chicken in vegetable oil until thoroughly cooked. Remove and cool.
– Cook carrots and green beans in a pan until warm.
– Shred cooled chicken into small pieces. Mix with carrots and green beans.
– Serve at room temperature.
What You Need: Six cups brown rice, Four large eggs, Four cups frozen diced carrots, Four cups frozen diced green beans, Four table spoons of vegetable oil
How to Make it:
– Cook rice in unsalted boiling water until tender.
– Boil EggsLet cool and peel.
– Saute rice, carrots, and green beans.
– Add crumbled egg whites and vegetable oil.
– Mix well and serve at room temperature.
Do you have catfood or dogfood recipe that you would like to share? Do you know how to make healthy food for your pet? Please comment below so we can share your recipe with the rest of our readers! Click Here for dietary supplements to add to dog food.