The domain and website were first launched by Everett in late 2007 as a way to keep up-to-date on the latest recalls because he was writing web content for a lot of attorneys at the time. It soon became apparent that consumers find a lot of value in being able to get recall information about all types of products (food, drugs, auto, consumer products…) all in one place, and within a very user-friendly, searchable website.
US Recall News is not associated with any government agency. We provide what information we can relating to recalled products in the United States, but our list of recalls may not be all-inclusive. While we endeavor to stay up-to-date with all of the latest recalls, your best bet is always to contact the appropriate organization in charge of the recalls:
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA): http://www.usda.gov
- Food such as meat, poultry, canned goods, fruit & vegetables
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA): http://www.fda.gov/
- Other foods, pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices, some health supplements
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC): http://www.cpsc.gov/
- Consumer products such as toys, tools, furniture, clothing, etcetera…
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA): http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/
- Motorized vehicles and vehicles safety devices, including cars, motorcycles, seat belts, etc…
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): http://www.epa.gov/
- Products that are harmful to the environment, such as toxic chemicals
- US Coast Guard: http://www.uscg.mil/
- Marine products such as boats and floatation devices / life vests
Click Here to learn more about where and how to report adverse events, including addresses for each government agency.