WASHINGTON, Nov. 13, 2017 – Pride of Iowa Sandwiches, Inc., a Marengo, Iowa establishment, is recalling approximately 231 pounds of chicken, pork and beef products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The ready-to-eat (RTE) chicken, pork and beef wrap items were produced on Nov. 2 and 6, 2017. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
• 11.2-oz. clam shell packages of “Deli Fresh CAESAR SALAD” with “FRESH THRU” dates through 11/13.
• 6.2-oz. tray packages of “Deli Fresh SOUTHWEST CHICKEN FAJITA TOMATO BASIL WRAP” with “FRESH THRU” dates through 11/16.
• 8.5-oz. tray packages of “Deli Fresh BBQ/BACON/CREAM CHEESE ROAST BEEF ON JALAPENO CHEESE WRAP” with “FRESH THRU” dates through 11/16.
• 6.3-oz. tray packages of “Deli Fresh RANCH CHICKEN FAJITA SPINACH WRAP” with “FRESH THRU” dates through 11/16.
• 7.8-oz. tray packages of “Deli Fresh BISCUITS & GRAVY” with “FRESH THRU” dates through 11/16.
The products subject to recall do not bear the USDA federal mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail vending machine locations in Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota.
The problem was discovered on Nov. 7, 2017, when an Office of Investigations, Enforcement and Audit (OIEA) investigator visited Pride of Iowa Sandwiches, Inc., during a routine visit.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact Zack Woods, Chief Financial Officer, at (319) 642-5254.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.