Stanley’s Market Brands, LLC, a Toledo, Ohio establishment, is recalling approximately 16,100 pounds of kielbasa products because they may contain foreign materials-less than 5mm-sized pieces of plastic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The products subject to recall include: [View Label (PDF Only)]
- 10-lb. bulk cases, each containing 15 links of “STANLEY’S MARKET FRESH KIELBASA,” bearing the identifying case code of “S0011″ and any of the following package codes: “30412,” “30512,” “30612,” “31012,” “31112,” “31312,” “31412,” “31812,” “32012,” “32112.”
- 41-oz white freezer paper wrapped packages, each containing 4 links of “STANLEY’S MARKET FRESH KIELBASA.”
- 21-oz. white freezer paper wrapped packages of “STANLEY’S MARKET FRESH KIELBASA,” bearing the identifying case code of “S0071″ and any of the following package codes: “31012″ or “31112.” The product was produced on Nov. 5, 2012 and Nov. 6, 2012.
- Bulk packages of “STANLEY’S MARKET FRESH KIELBASA.”
- 6.6 lb. vacuum sealed packages of “STANLEY’S MARKET SMOKED FRESH KIELBASA,” with the identifying case code of “S0013,” and any of the following package codes: “31312″ or “31012.” The product was produced on Nov. 5, 2012 and Nov. 8, 2012.
The products subject to recall bear the establishment number “Est. 34598″ inside the USDA mark of inspection. The products were produced on the following dates in 2012, unless otherwise noted above: Oct. 30, Oct. 31, Nov. 1, Nov. 5, Nov. 6, Nov 8, Nov. 9, Nov. 13, Nov. 15, and Nov. 16. It is important to note that the above listed products were repackaged into consumer-size packages and may not bear the identifying product information.
The 10-lb bulk cases listed above were distributed at the wholesale level in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio for further processing and distribution.
The 41-oz packages were distributed nationwide through internet sales at the retail level, while the 21-oz packages were distributed to retail establishments in Toledo, Ohio.
The bulk and 6.6-lb packages were sold through the company’s retail counter in Toledo, Ohio.
FSIS was alerted to the problem by Stanley’s Market Brands. The company initiated the recall after being informed by its supplier that the marjoram ingredient in the spice mix used in the kielbasa products was being withdrawn from the market by the supplier for potentially containing foreign materials. FSIS and the company have received no reports of injury associated with the consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about injury should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall should contact the company’s Vice President of Operations Andrew Zychowicz, at (419) 726-8488.